Freelance PR Consultant and Web Designer UK
Top performing PR & digital communications consultant with strong proficiency in business, sales & marketing who maintains a proven track record of continued success, as well as realising concurrent professional growth.
- Known for creating innovative marketing and PR campaigns designed to entice new customers, retain existing relationships and promote company brands.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to nurture and cultivate strategic relationships necessary for on-going business development. Ability to leverage existing networks to drive cohesive business objectives and meet KPIs.
- A motivational leader with the capacity to overcome challenges, exploit opportunities and encourage a positive working environment; has an innate ability to influence others and produce dynamic and long lasting results.
- Self-motivation, education, diverse experience and loyal dedication have helped create a powerhouse of problem-solving skills, expertise in maximising productivity and other resources.
- HTML and WordPress web designer with proven experience since 2005.
2009 - Present
PR, Web Designer and Digital Communications Consultant
Clients: Alex Reid, Toshiba Europe, Optimax, Sun Online, Global Analytics Holdings Inc, Mustard Communications, Digital Entertainment Group Europe, Revenge Ink Publishing, Progressio, Dr Michael Bott – Consultant Psychiatrist, Fruitcake Films, Paul Atkinson – hypnotherapist and EMDR Consultant
- Oversee a diverse portfolio of clients in multiple sectors including ICT, finance, publishing and entertainment to increase brand awareness online and offline
- Pan-European Media Consultant for Toshiba Europe, assisting in product launches, media relations, event organisation and European agency co-ordination
- Creative consultant for PR agencies including Taylor Herring, Bottle PR and Mustard Communications, providing digital and creative oversight
2009 - 2010
HAVAS PR UK
Clients: Peugeot, British Army, Standard Chartered Bank, RBS, ASDA, Manchester Arndale, Reckitt Benckiser
- Built business opportunities by introducing digital PR strategies and secured key accounts for on-going development
- Liaised with account teams to source new accounts, discuss best practices to approach and converted leads into customers through informative online and offline PR campaigns
- Trained staff and clients on the benefits and future of digital development and mentored junior staff members to instil a digital mentality within the company
- Coordinated and managed Peugeot’s marketing campaign designed to increase coverage and attract new customers through social media: ranked 7th most viewed YouTube channel worldwide and gaining 12 million YouTube video views
- Carried out the digital PR campaign to publicise the British Army’s recruitment campaign ‘Start Thinking Soldier’, generating 136 pieces of online coverage
2005 - 2009
Freelance PR Consultant
Clients: Japan Films, Sony Ericsson, The Photo Imaging Council, Mustard Communications, Brita Water Filters, TK Maxx, Beattie Communications, Marks & Spencer, Specsavers, Wilkinson Sword
- Assisted in devising Sony Ericsson’s activity plans in 2009 for Walkman and Cybershot categories to assess past PR / marketing initiatives, review feedback and implement changes to future campaigns;
- Communicated with clients to understand campaign requirements, assess their target markets, researching overcome competition
- Provided consultation to clients on digital strategies and their advantages; created email, social media and PR campaigns to increase brand awareness and generate revenues
BMW (Mini) | Nikon (UK) | FHM | BT Global Services | TIME and Fortune Group | Riot Entertainment | Kellogg’s | Motorola | BT | Spotcast Communications | Sonera Zed | NatWest | Walkers Snack Foods | British Army & Army Cadet Force | National Drugs Helpline | Chupa Chups | DTI | NMEC | Trebor Bassett Ltd | Raymond Weil | Guinness World of Records | CIC Video | Valpak | BCW Global | Piczo | Sellaband | Deutsche Grammophon | Speedo | Discovery Networks | Photo Imaging Council | Blueback
I'm interested in graphic and illustrative design and love building websites, filming, interviewing, producing and editing. I'm a technology addict who also loves travelling and taking photographs with my faithful Leica and / or iPhone 11 Pro.
I have worked as photographer for the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust, and in 2005 hosted a solo exhibition of pictures taken in Auschwitz at the Art of Propaganda Gallery. I then set up a website (www.auschwitz-birkenau.org).
Pictures taken in Auschwitz are also promoted by the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Some pictures have been published in 'A Guide to Great Photography' by Peter Bargh, one has appeared in a book about the Bloomsbury group, and another on the cover of 'A Little Piece for Mother', a Holocaust-themed novel by Barbara Towell.
I am founder member of the Atlantic Council of the United Kingdom and WordPress Mentor for those starting out in website design.
Awards and Distinctions
PR Week Award Finalist: The Bridget Jones Diary SMS and FHM’s High Street Honeys Campaigns.
PR Week Best Promotional Campaign.
Food Marketing Bronze Award, Marketing Magazine.